Friday, July 27, 2012

Student Organization

I have been using the binder system for the past two years and while I love its organizational qualities I am finding it to be a little too much for the students to maintain (and expensive). This year I want to try and make it cheaper simplify it.  Instead of using the larger 1/2 inch binder, I have decided to try the poly 2-pocket prong folder.  I was able to pick them up at Walmart for 50 cents a piece.

I'll either be attaching a laminated cover to the front (not sure how just yet-I'm thinking Liquid Nails), or attaching a clear sheet protector and then inserting the cover.

 Then I'll add the following things to the inside prong section:
  • Zippered plastic pouch for notes and money

  • One plastic sheet protector for classroom information

  • One plastic sheet protector for the student behavior log 

  • Parent Communication Log sheet... In the past I have just used line notebook paper, but I think I might create something else to use.  

In the front pocket I'll have students keep their homework and the back pocket will be for take home papers.

I think that should do it.

If you are interested in seeing the materials I used in the larger binder I did for the past 2 years click here.

Once I have them all assembled I'll post more pictures.  Some of the stuff I need is still at school....I don't want to go in just yet.

I'd be interested in hearing how well these folders hold up to daily traveling, so if you have had any experience using them for a home folder please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment