.

.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Solving Mysteries with the Help of Mod Podge!

Mystery Number One:

Whose paper is this????????

I saw the No Name clip project on Pinterest and knew right away I had to make one for my room.

Pinterest Inspiration

I rummaged through the basement to find a piece of scrap wood. Then I prettied it up with some polk-a-dot scrapbook paper, printed and cut out cute letters, set everything in place with Mod Podge, hot glued the clothespins, attached a string of jute rope, and voila:
SOLVED
I think the polka-dot background competes with the lettering a little, so I may go back and apply solid black letters... I'm not sure yet.


Mystery Number Two:

Now where did I put________? I just had it in my hand a second ago!

Do you ever set things down in your classroom and then poof they disappear!  Well in my room we often play the, Mrs. G is looking for her (enter random teacher thingy here), who can help me find it? , game.

I am often misplacing my clipboard.

To make matters worse, all my kids use clipboards as well.  They rarely sit at desks and often need a surface to write on, and all the clipboards look the same.  So, it can be hard to distinguish which one belongs to me if I happen to set it down and then walk clear across the room to attend to a child (or 5) in need.

Then the game turns into "is this it?", "No", "Is this one it?", "No".....

So now it is decked out, front and back, in polka-dots and I should be able to keep track of it a little better, or at least the kids will know which clipboard to look for now!


SOLVED!




1 comment:

  1. Hi...I just found your blog through the Newbie Blog Hop and am now a follower. I would love for you to visit back and check out my blog (and enter my giveaway if you would like.)
    Amy
    www.adventuresinteaching.net

    PS...we must be related! My students are so used to hearing, "Ok, where is my ___?" LOL

    ReplyDelete