.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Can I possibly do this too?

Okay, let me just start off by saying that I am one of those kind of people that has to try out ALL the new stuff I discover ALL at once.  I doesn't matter if I am going to have to stay after school or go in extra early before school starts to keep up with it all, because I just have to try out ALL the new ideas that I come across.  I also have to say, that since I have entered the time sucking vortex of reading other teacher created blogs, you all have given me a plethora of new ideas to try.  I just can't get over how creative and talented everyone is.  So my dining room table has not one square millimeter exposed, it is chock full of new math tub ideas, word work games and a few too many professional development books, and my husband (bless his heart*) wants to know if it will ever see the light of day... Well yeah, once school starts...maybe... Does it really matter? We never eat on it anyway!  

*He has however, finally, come to the conclusion that no matter how many years I teach, I will ALWAYS have to get new stuff for my classroom and no longer asks me that ridiculous question-"Do you really need that?"  Although he now refuses to take me to Target because that usually involves some heavy lifting on his part, so now I have to go alone.

But let's get back to the topic at hand.  Could I, should I, even begin to try to get a blog rolling?  I am taking on quite a bit these next few months.  I have volunteered to be a mentor for a new teacher, taken on the role of math coach (a role that has yet to be defined), and I am taking a fairly intensive class that is required for my ESL certification.  My principal even asked me to take on a student teacher, but I said no.. this time (and I feel guilty about it). However, I'd really like to see my blog up at rolling.  I may only post once a week, but I think that should suffice given the time constraints I may be under.  I do have a family after all, no life, but I do have a family. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment