.

.

Monday, July 29, 2013

I don't think I'll ever get to go on vacation!

This summer I have been working away on a few unit to use this year with my class.  Our district has been working on refining our standards based report card and finalized many of our essential learning targets for K-5. Social studies is one curricular area that we, the second grade team,  have been reformatting to reflect the new learning targets. So all summer I have been trying to develop units that will make learning more fun and meaningful for the students.  I almost have my virtual field trip series for the American symbols wrapped up, but I am still writing fluency passages, poems and assessments on my Tall Tales unit.  I also have two science units all scribbled up on paper, and I can wait to try things out and get it all typed up!

                                                                     COMING SOON!

On top of that I decided to go back to decorating with bees, I had Alice in Wonderland on my mind but only for a few days, and decided to go with something I had already used in the past.  So I have been revamping some things, and creating a few new things to go along with it.

On the home front, my husband has just finished drywalling our basement, and I have been priming and painting away-but only when the weather is yucky.  Otherwise, I try to get outside as often as I can.

Well, I off to my classroom to start organizing books, and rearranging the layout.  As soon as it is all decked out in bees, or Alice..., I'll post pictures.  I still need to compile my final list for Target...I hope there are still a few cute things left!






No comments:

Post a Comment