.

.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's Almost Time!

I tried to stay away, but I just couldn't help myself, I had to get back into my classroom. So far I have my room arranged just how I want it, my bulletin boards have the background paper and borders up, I have sorted through my math and word work tubs, and I managed to throw out a lot of stuff I don't, or never did, use.  I have shifted between second and third grade a few times, and now that I have settled ( I think ) in second grade I was finally able to part with all the 3rd grade curriculum that just didn't jive with 2nd grade.  I also just had two new dry-erase boards installed in my room and I cannot tell you how giddy that makes me!  At first I was only going to have a small whiteboard installed next to my Smart Board, but then the installation guys stopped in and said, "Are you sure you don't want a four foot board? We have left overs."  WHAT?! Of course I do! Then they said they could even install two, one on either side of the Smart Board.  I. about. fainted. So later that night, I went on and on about how excited I was to be getting these two new boards installed. I'm sure my husband and children think I'm a little crazy, but hey it's the small things in life- or the four foot ones. :)